--- Carotenoids (Orange/Red)
--- Melanin (Brown)
--- Violacein (Purple/Green)
Team Logistics :
How to Order Stuff
only order one thing at a time!
1. Go to biopath stores website to find part information http://www.bioc.cam.ac.uk/camonly/stores_search.php.
2. Go to http://ufs.admin.cam.ac.uk/
- Click “UFS live”
- Ask Viv or Alan how to log in.
- Open “CAPSA PD”
- Click “requisitions”
- Click “item”
- Type should read “goods”
- In “categories,” type “LK”
- Copy and paste description from biopath stoers website
- In unit of measurement, click, click on “…” and put in what’s in biopath stores description
- Select quantity
- Select price
- Click “source details” tab
- In “supplier item” put catalogue number from biopath stores
- In “source” write “BIOCHEMISTRY”
- Ask James if Biopath stores is not the supplier
- If you’re ordering primers, you need to do a purchase order online, so ask James about that.
- Click “Distributions”
- Click in “charge account,” something ending in HCCC should pop up
- Click save (a floppy disc icon)
- Note the item number
- Close distributions, double check the price
- Click “approve”
- In “note” write “iGEM team,” and press OK
How to Edit the Wiki
When editing a wiki, you can make different ranks of titles. Header 1 is the biggest, mostly for pages titles. Other headers are of decreasing size up to Header 4.
To make text you are writing a header, simply surround it by equals signs.
E.g. For a Header 1 title:
= Project =
E.g. Header 2 titles:
== Introduction ==
E.g. Header 3:
=== Monday ===
Press Enter TWICE to do a new paragraph. Leave a whole line between paragraphs.
To do a list of bullet points, just start each point with a * on a new line.
To indent bullet points (useful for sub-bullet points) do a :*
- Upload pictures and files with this link:
- Once uploaded copy the name of the image title. e.g.:
- Then put this in your document with square brackets on each side. e.g.
- You can do some stuff to the picture too. e.g. for it to be 200pixels wide and on the right of the page:
[[Image:cambridgepif.jpg | 200px | right]]
- For further commands and help with inserting images:
Plasmid drawing software
Synthetic Biology Comic
Modelling - from Engineering Department, Module 4G1