There is no charge to attend.
Who should attend?
Every team MUST send at least one instructor. In the past the workshops were targeted specifically towards the instructors. This year, however, students are highly encouraged to attend as well! Portions of the workshops will be specifically geared towards students.
You only have to attend one of the three workshops, whichever one you choose, but you must attend at least one regardless of whether you are a returning iGEM team or not.
Your Role in the Teachers Workshop
Each team will be given less than 5 minutes to speak about their team and their involvement in iGEM this year. We advise against presenting slides because of time - as we are getting larger we want to give everyone the opportunity to speak but appreciate that we aren't just inviting you to come listen to team backgrounds all day. Please think about and be prepared to speak informally about the following:
- How did you hear about iGEM and why did you get involved?
- What are your expectations and hopes for iGEM 2009?
- What has happened at your school to get ready for iGEM 2009?
- Please describe the team - the students, the instructors, and the facilities available.
- How are you supporting your team financially?
- What projects is your team considering so far? (optional)
Please do not plan to give a presentation of the team's project. That will happen at the Jamboree.
Schedule not finalized - subject to change
Directions to Takeda Building via Tokyo metro
- To Nezu station: (5 min. walk to Takeda Building) Take the Marunouchi line to Otemachi station and change to the Chiyoda line to Nezu station.
- To Todai-mae station: (10 min. walk to Takeda Building) Take the Marunouchi line to Kourakuen station and change to the Namboku line to Todai-mae station.
- To Hongo-sanchome station: (20 min. walk to Takeda Building) Take the Marunouchi line to Hongo-sanchome station.
The train rides take between 10-15 min. total from Tokyo station.
View larger map
Here are some hotels near the venue, ordered according to price range with cheaper hotels first.
6min. walk from Kanda Station, JR line. 20min. train ride to Hongo-Sanchome/Todai-mae Station.
6 min. walk from Kourakuen Station, one stop away from Todai-mae Station. Within walking distance to University of Tokyo (about 10-15 minutes)
- Suidobashi Grand Hotel
3min. walk from Kourakuen Station, one stop away from Todai-mae Station.
2 min. walk from Iidabashi Station, two stops away from Todai-mae Station.
5 min. walk from Korakuen Station, one stop away from Todai-mae Station.