This page contains the lab protocols used by Team Newcastle.
Dr. Phil Aldridge's Lab Protocols
When carrying out procedures in the lab, whether it's transforming E.coli by heat shock or carrying out restriction digests, we always adhere to the protocols Dr. Phil Aldridge has given us. That way, the cause of an anomalous or undesired result in an experiment can be determined a lot easier.
Our Lab Protocols
Some of the experiments that we carried out required protocols with which we were not provided in the lab; we needed to design them. Read this page to view these lab protocols which includes how to conduct a DNA gel electrophoresis experiment.
Other Lab Protocols
We have also been given protocols by other people.
- 20 – 21 June 2009 - Europe workshop (London)
- 23 – 24 June 2009 - UK iGEM meetup (Edinburgh)
- 23 October Practice Presentation (Newcastle)
- 23 October T-shirts are ready
- 27 October Practice Presentation (Sunderland)
- 27 October Poster is ready
- 30 October – 2 November 2009 - Jamboree (Boston)