We got one single colony from the transformation we did yesterday!
We performed a colony-pcr to confirm that this colony has our plasmid.
We used 2 pairs of primers - VF/VR and PY primers - and analyzed the results of our PCR in an agarose gel:
The expected size for PY1 + RFP + BBa_B0015 amplified with VF/VR primers is 1279 bp.
The expected size for PY1 + RFP + BBa_B0015 amplified with PY primers is 133 bp.
As we can observe in the gel photo, the colony presented bands compatible with the size expected for both pairs of primers!!!! =)
Fabi and Léo
We did miniprep of 10 inocula of pDLD+YFP and 10 inocula of ADH1+YFP. We transformed the plasmids in competent yeast. Hope to find colonies tomorrow! =)
Raíssa and Taís