Team:KULeuven/10 August 2009

From 2009.igem.org

Revision as of 08:46, 10 September 2009 by Deepstar (Talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Project progress

Progress of parts

[edit] Blue Light Receptor

PCR reaction with the new primers 2260 and 2261 to get the exact blue light promotor sequence. The reaction was succesful and with no byproducts, so a simple PCR clean up was executed.

  • concentration of clean pcr product.:
    • 102,6 ng/µl
    • 1,88

[edit] Vanillin Production

  • Ligated genes are electrophoresed.
  • Reorderd part BBa_I742109 (COMT + RBS) from the registry.
  • Also we realized the proteins need to be degraded fast for the control mechanism to work, so a ssRA degradation tag like ANDENYALVA or ANDENYALAA is needed.
    • However since some genes have just been ligated we will only tag sam5, COMT and the ech gene.

[edit] Vanillin Receptor

  • There was no result from our setup on Friday. We think there was an error with the protocol because we didn't shake before incubation. So we did a new transformation of every gene.

[edit] Key/Lock/Anti-Key